A major fire in the jam-packed village of Gatwekera, Kibera destroyed scores of houses on Friday evening 5th August, 2016. One year old baby was burnt to death beyond recognition while properties worth thousands of shillings completely damaged.
Residents together with a group of some local leaders struggled to put out the blaze that lasted for over an hour. Sources said the inferno was caused by an electrical fault that started from one of the houses and quickly spread to the other houses due to the strong winds.
#KiberaStories
Photo by Bryan Jaybee @storitellah
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s